Wednesday, April 8, 2009
Loser or Underachiever?
I have recently ran into a few people that made me look at my life and ask the question....Am I a loser or an underachiever? Last night I went out with an old friend to Panera Bread to catch up and talk about the good 'ole days. This beautiful young woman has achieved a lot academically. It made me re-evaluate my life. I thought I was on the right track, back in school, living on my own, working as an optician. We graduated high school the same year and she is almost finished with grad school. I on the other hand have switched schools 4 times, have 3 years to go for undergrad and my program is weak (physical education). To make things even worse, tonight I met someone that goes to Pitt (a school I did go to) and poked fun at the school I am currently in (Slippery Rock is a small town school in the rural parts north of Pittsburgh). Not only that, he could speak 4 languages, was extremely rich and intelligent. I try not to compare myself to others, but it can be hard sometimes especially since I am already feeling down on myself from last night. I sit at home a lot, rarely converse with others, and do very little outside of class. In other words I am a loser, but I have also underachieved in my own eyes and in the eyes of my parents I'm sure. How depressing to be both a loser AND an underachiever!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment